Miles Sterrett joined us to discuss how he got roped into hosting a Ruby meetup and why he does it. If you’ve been considering starting a meetup or wonder what’s involved give this a listen.
- You’re selfish. You want to lean on others to get better at your craft.
- You’re unselfish. You want to help others, maybe the whole community, get better at your craft.
- Both! Ideally, you want to get better, and you want others to get better.
- Get the Word Out (Meetup.com, IndyHackers, Twitter)
- Make it fun
- Find a Business Looking to Hire Meeting Attendees (if you need sponsorship)
Talentopoly links - Noteworthy links posted on Talentopoly in the last two weeks