Episode 36 - How to Get Traction for Your Projects
We have a chat with James Paden from Compendium Blogware and Emailium to discuss how to drive traffic to new projects. Every developer at one point or another has fallen prey to the “if you build they will come” myth. What is it that we failed to do for our projects that didn’t get any traffic? That’s what we try to find out in this episode of the podcast. Learn about how to use conferences, Twitter, email, Amazon’s Mechanical Turk and more to help your software businesses get traction.
Profanity disclaimer: Brandon attempts to clean up his language, unsuccessfully. It’s a work in progress. So for the time being don’t listen to this podcast around sensitive ears.
- During this topic I want to better understand what it takes to get traction for a project.
- What are some of the common mistakes you made early on?
- Why is it not as simple as if you build they will come?
- What funnels do you setup?
- Where do you spend your time pre and post launch?
- What are some tricks you’ve used that worked well?
Talentopoly Links - Interesting links posted in the last two weeks