Episode 42 - Hosting Your Own Developer Conference
Tony Dewan stopped by the studio to talk to us about what it’s like to organize a conference. His re:build conference has had some of the top designers and developers in the industry come speak. He shares his tips, opinions and experience so that anyone interested in organizing their own conference can understand what is involved.
re:build - A conference for developers & designers
- You live and die by your speakers!
- Choosing/finding/signing speakers
- Have an opinion and stick to it
- Picking/working with venues
- Clever ideas to limit costs
- sweat the details - badges, speakers needs, etc
- sponsorships are hard
- don’t do it alone
- understand your target audience - speakers, ticket price, sponsors
- it’s a labor of love - you won’t make much money
- Other awesome, inspirational events: Brooklyn Beta
Talentopoly links - Noteworthy links posted on Talentopoly in the last two weeks